Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday


Easter is coming soon- and with that the Lent season. Each year I usually choose something to give up- and in return I spend more time with God and focus on the real meaning of the cross.


For 3 years I have given up Facebook, in fact last year I even temporally deleted my account. I usually announce on my status I am giving up facebook for lent- see ya after Easter!! This year I have chosen to do so even before Lent season. I am going to give it up March 1st or before.....maybe even today?? I don't know exactly- I am getting fed up with all the craziness!!!


I feel as if some things I can live without- facebook is one of them. I do absolutely love the fact that I can keep in touch with people from all over the world. One of my very first friends who found me of facebook- we were best friend in the 3rd and 4th grade!! I have not seen her in years- she found me on facebook, we keep in touch better now. She and her husband are missionaries in another country, so it is neat to see she and her boys are doing half a world away.


I also have kept in touch with one of my interpreters we used in Peru this summer- it is great to encourage her and keep her built up in a country with so many lost people. To see her is a breath of fresh air in Peru. I have been encouraged by so many who tell me my comments are positive or my scriptures are just what they have needed. That is a great feeling that I can work through such a worldly thing for God. Then of course I LOVE to tell funny stuff the boys do- brings back good memories for moms who kids are grown, and just gives others a laugh. One of the reasons God created me.....Joyful Laugh!!!!


I do however feel the need to look at my phone- it is worse when you have it right at your finger tips....I am going to drop the app on my phone for this reason. I feel as if some days I have talked more to people or kept up with people on the computer than- looked at real life people in person!! C walked over to me the other day with a toy gun and said "Hold up your hands and DROP THE PHONE!!"


When I lay down at night, my mind doesn't rest well. I think of things of others that I wonder "hmm wonder if they got that done, or that meal was good at that new restaurant.....etc!!" and then I find myself looking at pictures from Christmas 2009 just to look because they are there??


You might be thinking by now- Hello is there Rehab for this Facebook addict?? haha!! I know exactly, If you know me well, my motto is ALL or NOTHING!!! That pretty much sums it up.


I do get most of my prayer request from facebook- and for this reason I am not going to announce I am leaving on my status. Just here! Because I feel if they really have a need they can email me. I have a few "groups" that I have started on there- prayer groups for a friend with Cancer, and also our new moms group. I will have to keep up with those.


When you read the Link above I have attached to "Lent" it will make more sense to those of you who don't know what in the world I am talking about. I am also giving up a few other things I have struggled with.....ummm..... Coke!!!! I love my coke- but know it is soooo bad for me!!! I need to loose weight and get in better shape not just for bathing suit season....but for Life!!!


Ok so if you are a reader of this blog- and believe in praying.....Please add me to your prayer list.


I appreciate your prayers and support!! If you have any prayer request please email them to me at dryerturns@hotmail.com I will support and pray for you also.


I John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.


Mollie

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm not on Facebook, but I have many friends who are. They're constantly trying to get me to sign up. My response to them all is "I can barely keep up with my 'real life' friends, how can I hope to have meaningful relationships with 2,000 cyber-friends?" I'm sticking with my blog... I so enjoyed your post!

Our Little Hunter