Well, my friend Mer has a blog over here she likes to do a 10 things on the tenth of each month.
I thought I would try this month. So here it goes.......
10 Things I LOVE about SUMMER!!!
1. FLIP FLOPS..... I heart them!!! You know they were really in back when I was younger, then they went out of style for awhile- just like everything else. Although when I was growing up we called them "thongs"......not anymore!!! When I was pregnant with T my mom was staying with me- she said "here don't forget your thongs!" when we went to get a pedicure- THOUGHT I was gonna die!!!! I spared you a picture for this one.....I so badly NEED a pedicure!!!
2. Kiddy Pool - My kids love the little kiddy pool we have had for 2 years. Just throw it in the garage in the winter and pull it back out in the summer. Only $20 bucks. We have definitely gotten out moneys worth out of it. If you cannot hear me....I am sure the neighbors get tired of hearing me yell " C sit down on your bottom!!" " NO!! T don't shot me with the water gun... I have my camera in my hand!!"
3. Sprinklers- This sprinkler was only 10 bucks I bought last year at Wal-Mart. Best money I have ever spent.....hours of entertainment!!
4. Outside Play- we usually stay outside for a couple of hours each morning and then again in the afternoon. If we don't have water toys out we go on a nature walk or just play with outside toys.
5. Cousins sleeping Over- Already we have had both of our cousins to come spend the night. How fun!! They are both girls- but they don't mind playing with guns and boy stuff!!
6. ICEE's- who doesn't like an Icee??? When I was pregnant with both boys...in the summer....wheww...I would get an Icee a day!! Now that is probably why they like them SO MUCH!!! *Cannot believe I have NO pictures of us drinking Icee's- new project??*
7. Little Boys laughing in Swings- C really likes to swing.....he smiles and laughs the whole time.
8. Picnics- Last year we went to the Lake a few times and ate under a shady tree. Already this year we have had a picnic in the yard.
9. Little Boys swim suits & tan lines- You know those little Coppertone booties.....the boys were running and I caught this picture- C still wears swimmers so his is not revealed as much- T keeps pulling his wet shorts up.
10. Vacation Bible School- Last but certainly not Least. I love helping out at bible school. This will be the FIRST time I have taught my OWN child!! He is finally the age that he can start going to a class. I am excited about it. We had a meeting the other day, talking about the importance of VBS and so many children come to know Christ during this time. I could not believe ALL the people who raised their hands who were saved during VBS when they were kids. Amazing!!! Here are a few pictures from our kick-off last week. (T was getting his face painted looks trusting eh') Thomas the Train came to visit. Our theme this year is Boomerang Express....Australia.
Hope you have a Good Summer......When I told T we could get the sprinkler and pool out he said " You mean Summer is here...I thought it would NEVER get here!!!"