Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Fish Named Crab

Well we have a New Member to our family......


A Fish Named Crab

I tell you I have no idea where he comes up with these names??


Many of you may know that we lost our dog on January 13th to our busy highway in front of our house. Well kids are so resilient- when we sat down to tell him that his best friend abby-dog was in heaven, he cried talked about it a little then instantly said " Let's go get a new dog." Out of the mouth of babes.


We really don't want another dog now- she was so good a sweet. Let alone when I lost our baby in July 2003 that is when we got her. Plus, that was the second time she had been hit by a car.


So we opted for a house pet this time. He keeps asking "can we have a pet?" non-stop!!

My husband and I agreed a fish would be great....seeing that we just gave chick the fish a new home. He really liked a fish.


We went to the local pet store and here he is....Crab the Fish!




T wanted a "black fish- cause that's my favorite color"

We bought a betta male fish- the lady said it lives maybe up to 2 years...Perfect!!



We bought a little betta house with all the trimmings, rocks, fish food, water conditioner & even a little green fake plant. Crab seems to like his new home. We like him.

I was rocking C one day and reading him a book. T walks up with wet hands? "what have you been doing?" I asked. He replied with a sweet grin " oh I was just petting crab- I love my fishy!" Poor Crab hope he lives to be a month old!!
I just hope we don't have any ice storms this next year either- last time I had a betta fish in my beauty shop and he turned into an ice cube. God rest his soul...poor sparky!!

For the time being he is in our kitchen and we talk to him and about him daily. T keeps saying "yep, he is still alive today." I guess he overheard B & me talking about how fish die so quickly.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...... have a Good Day!!

Mollie










1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My girls both have a betta fish! They're the best pets EVER!

Our Little Hunter