Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Long & Layered


My friend Bekah had a question. She wanted me to give her an idea for a LONG style. She has a new baby these days and I know she would much rather spend time with her than to worry about her hair.

Here is a website I found that might help click HERE to see it. And other pictures I found of a few celebs to maybe help give some ideas.....remember look at the hair- not the face & body!!




Keep in mind that most of these pictures- the people have other people to do their hair. But this gives you some looks for LONG LAYERS. You can keep bangs or do without- to each their own?


I loved having long hair- for the last 5 years I have had long layers. Recently, I switched to short- because I needed a pick me up! It is definitely a good style for moms with little ones- you can pull it up into a ponytail- or clip. I found it very easy for a s@hm. But when you need to go out- it takes so much time to fix. Long layers will all go up into a clip or ponytail- if your layers are longer than your chin, they may not stay in the clip/pt


My secret was to take a shower at night, wash it and then when it is almost dry- sleep on it. I would then wake up and style it with a LARGE curling iron- 1 1/4 inch barrel or a 2 inch barrel. Or if I wanted it straight I would use the Chi. For volume try some Velcro rollers on top (before your hair drys all the way)- for higher hair!! Not to mention some good volumizing products-
I always prefer to use a thermal active spray of some kind when I am using any iron on my hair. Watch Friday for MY FAVORITE products!!


Thanks Bekah for the question.....anyone else?? Please ask away by sending me an e-mail or comment!!
Ginger I will get to yours soon!!
Mollie

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Thick and coarse hair HELP! Need a new style that's easy too!!!!!!

~Bekah said...

AWWW I'M TOUCHED TO BE THE FIRST QUESTION ANSWERED! OMG i love the Carrie Underwood look!! I'm soo wanting that!! :) I'd love her color too but omg, to be blonde again? I used to be that color, can u imagine :) LOL.. when i went natural, as i am now, everyone thought i dyed it. lol... thanks so much Mollie for the answer and advice! Also, thanks for the blog link! :) love ya miss ya! i HOPE TO BE back at church w/ a well wee one!

Спашоп said...

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Wall mounted shampoo bowl and Shampoo bowls with chair. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Beauty Supply Florida websites.